- Frogs are cold blooded.
- Frogs don't drink water but absorb it through their skin.
- Frogs are a source of food in some countries.
- About 88% of amphibian species are frogs.
- The word amphibian means "both sides of life," and comes from the Greek amphi, meaning both, and bios, meaning life.
- Frogs have three chambered hearts.
- Frogs do not have external ears.
- Some frogs have poison glands in their skin to protect against enemies.
- In Japan frogs are symbols of good luck.
- The male frogs are the ones that sing.
- The largest frog is the giant or Goliath frog of West Central Africa.
- The smallest frog is a Brazillian species with a maximum length of less than 1 cm.
- Some frogs can jump 20 times their own body length.