- Gorillas live about 50 years in captivity; their life span in the wild is about 35 years.
- Gorillas are very intelligent and can learn different complex tasks.
- Adult gorillas have 32 teeth.
- An adult male gorilla eats approximately 50 pounds of food a day.
- Gorillas' hands have five fingers, including an opposable thumb.
- Like humans, gorillas have individual finger prints.
- Gorillas and chimpanzees are the only animals able to knuckle walk.
- Grooming one another is a major occupation among gorillas in a troop.