- Koalas aren't bears as many people believe. They aren't even related to bears. Koalas are marsupials.
- Koala's life span is 10 to 12 years.
- Koalas can bite or scratch when being handled.
- An adult Koala will eat about 500 g of leaves a day.
- The eucalyptus leaf is poisonous to other animals.
- The baby Koala is called a joey.
- Koalas have 5 digits on each front paw.
- Koalas have a 200 cm long fibre-digesting organ called a caecum. The caecum contains millions of bacteria which break down the euclayptus fibre into substances easier to absorb.