- Tigers can live to 20 years of age in zoos but only 15 years in the wild.
- Wild tigers do not live in Africa, and are thought to have originated from Southern China.
- A group of tigers is called a Streak.
- The liger is a cross between a male lion and a tigress.
- Most tigers have over 100 stripes.
- Only four cats are capable of roaring the Lion, Leopard, Jaguar and the Tiger.
- A tiger can spend up to eighteen hours sleeping.
- The tigers most developed sense is its hearing.
- Tigers do not purr.
- Tigers are very good swimmers.
- The tigers claws are retractable.
- The South China tiger has the fewest stripes.
- The ratio of adult tigers in the wild is approximately 1 male to 2 females.